- Main body of pillowcase ¾ yard
- Wide cuff 1/3 yard
- Accent tuck 1/8 yard
- Tip: For large pieces of fabric, tear the body fabric into 27” pieces and the cuff fabric into 30” pieces. This will make cutting much easier!
Use a rotary cuter and mat to cut fabric.
- Main Body 41” x 26” rectangle
- Wide Cuff 41” 9 ½ ” strip
- Accent tuck 41” x 1 ¾ ” strip
Directions: (Use a ¼” seam allowance)
- Fold the wide cuff in half lengthwise and press. Fold the accent strip in half lengthwise and press.
- On the right side of the pillowcase body, on the 41” side, layer the accent strip, then the wide cuff on top of that, with the raw edges even.
Pin these together if desired.
Stitch or serge through all layers. A walking foot is helpful if you have one.
Open cuffs and press with the seam allowance toward the body of the pillowcase.
Zig-zag or serge seam to prevent fraying.
- Fold the pillowcase in half, right sides together.
If sides don’t match up exactly, cut to make them more even.
Stitch or serge, starting from the top of the cuff, down the side, and across the bottom.
Finish seams with a zig-zag stitch or serge to prevent fabric from unraveling. Turn pillowcase right side out and press.
- The verse will be applied to a finished pillowcase using a heat transfer.
For assistance to apply the verse, please contact Pillows-of-Love.
“The LORD will give you sleep, peace and a safe place to dwell.” -Psalm 4:8